Visiting Student Elective Program
SNU MEDICINE runs an Elective Program offering 2-12 week clinical elective placements for visiting international medical students. Elective placements are undertaken at its affiliated hospitals, and successful applicants will be given opportunities for the duration of the program to gain experience of a variety of both clinical and laboratory experiences under the supervision of medical doctors at professorial level.
[ Applicant Eligibility]
International students currently enrolled in their penultimate or final year(s) of medical school.
* Students from our global partner institutions must contact in advance the equivalent administrative office of your home institution before completing and submitting the applications.
[Requested Documents for Application]
Students will need to complete the on-line application form and upload required documents. Any incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- Online Application (<-Click)
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in English
- Official transcript of academic record (in English)
- Vaccination record request form
- Copy of passport
All documents must be submitted at least 3 months before the desired start date of your elective clerkship. We do not receive the applications for 8 months to 12 months prior to desired period.
• You can undertake your elective placement for the minimum of 2 weeks or up to the maximum of 12 weeks.
• You are required to start the placement on the first Monday of every month and participate in orientation at SNU Medicine on the preceding Friday.
• The electives run from Monday to Friday for the duration of the program except for public holidays.
• Those who have applied from our global partner institutions need to discuss with their coordinator their individual schedules for elective clerkship.
• If you have to withdraw your application for any reason, please inform us at the earliest opportunity as it may be possible for us to offer your placement to someone else.
* Students are not allowed to self-arrange to SNU Medicine. Do not contact individual professors for information on vacancies, elective availability etc.
Upon the application’s arrival, it will be reviewed to verify that all requirements have been met. It takes up to 2 months to process the application. Any changes are cannot be made after submission and approval.
Enquiries please contact: email@example.com